Armen Keteyian of CBS News did a piece on the intersection of terror finance with international drug trade. Only just recently, the DEA put more agents on the ground in war zones to crack down on the funneling of drug money to key terrorist operatives.
The U.S. military tried to cut the Taliban’s money supply by destroying Afghanistan’s poppy fields. Now the U.S is targeting heroin traffickers who bankroll the Taliban. Armen Keteyian reports.
LAST 5 POST BY Mike Braun
- The Confluence of Drugs and Terror - 21st Century Organized Crime - October 14th, 2011
- Thai court considering 'Merchant of Death' release - October 8th, 2009
- Corruption - Why Cartels and Terrorists Succeed - September 22nd, 2009
- The bloody drug violence on our border will get worse before it gets better - July 21st, 2009
- Tijuana's Drug War - June 17th, 2009