FBI agents are supposed to unearth scams, not become victims of them. This time is different.
Some 300 retired and current federal agents — representing the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration and Immigration and Customs Enforcement — collectively invested tens of millions of dollars of retirement money in what turned out to be a Ponzi scheme allegedly run by a Florida man who committed suicide last month, an attorney in the case said.
The FBI and the Securities and Exchange Commission are now investigating and trying to recover funds.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Lawmakers move to limit domestic drones - May 17th, 2013
- You Know What Really Risks National Security? Leak Investigations - May 17th, 2013
- Justice Department faulted over terrorist identities - May 17th, 2013
- SAFETY Act Program Near 600 Counterterrorism Products, Services - May 16th, 2013
- Draft 2014 Homeland bill reverses Obama cut to bomb prevention - May 16th, 2013