The Department of Homeland Security today announced the launch of a new terror alert system. You can learn more at the DHS website, where a page dedicated to the new National Terrorism Advisory System outlines system. New alerts will also be posted to this same page.
The National Terrorism Advisory System, or NTAS, replaces the color-coded Homeland Security Advisory System (HSAS). This new system will more effectively communicate information about terrorist threats by providing timely, detailed information to the public, government agencies, first responders, airports and other transportation hubs, and the private sector.
It recognizes that Americans all share responsibility for the nation’s security, and should always be aware of the heightened risk of terrorist attack in the United States and what they should do.
LAST 5 POST BY Security Debrief
- A Catch-22 for the Joint Detention Group at Guantanamo - May 17th, 2013
- Contributor Southers Speaks at House Hearings on Boston Bombings - May 9th, 2013
- Securing Public Events and a Look at the Boston Bombs - April 22nd, 2013
- TSA's Pistole Resigns! DHS Denies Buying Bowcasters! Springsteen Sues FEMA! Really?! - April 1st, 2013
- Homeland Security - What Next? - November 1st, 2012