When former Customs and Border Protection chief Alan Bersin took office in March 2010, he said he wanted to transform the agency and make it a promoter of commerce instead of a hindrance. His departure late last year has shipping groups hoping the agency’s next head feels the same way.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Napolitano called to respond to Cornyn, Senate Republicans on border enforcement - June 18th, 2013
- U.S. justices agree to hear airline defamation case - June 18th, 2013
- DHS hopes to get same cyber-spying powers as NSA - June 18th, 2013
- Climate change to increase floodplain by nearly half - June 17th, 2013
- Homeland Security investigating incident at Canada-US border - June 17th, 2013