A recent Vanity Fair article on airport security not only regurgitates the obvious and well known, but lacks little strategic point of view. Mr. Schneier [the subject of the article] has performed an invaluable service over the years bringing to light deficiencies in our homeland security thinking, and Mr. Mann (the author of the article in question) accomplishes the same by exposing it to a wider audience. Yet I can’t help but think that by not considering the issues a few steps beyond shouts of “security theater,” the conversation we should have about homeland security as a nation will not take place.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Napolitano called to respond to Cornyn, Senate Republicans on border enforcement - June 18th, 2013
- U.S. justices agree to hear airline defamation case - June 18th, 2013
- DHS hopes to get same cyber-spying powers as NSA - June 18th, 2013
- Climate change to increase floodplain by nearly half - June 17th, 2013
- Homeland Security investigating incident at Canada-US border - June 17th, 2013