The ranking member of the House Homeland Security Committee and longtime critic of the TSA’s behavioral screening program, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-MS), has asked TSA and congressional homeland security leaders to look into reports of racial profiling under the program at Boston Logan International Airport.
News reports have quoted officers involved in the TSA’s Screening of Passenger by Observational Technique (SPOT) program at Logan International Airport in Boston have said the program there targets not only middle easterners but also blacks, Hispanics and other minorities.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Climate change to increase floodplain by nearly half - June 17th, 2013
- Homeland Security investigating incident at Canada-US border - June 17th, 2013
- 7-Eleven Shops Raided By Homeland Security In Human Smuggling Probe - June 17th, 2013
- I'm Beating The NSA To The Punch By Spying On Myself - June 14th, 2013
- Tech hiring binge may pose security risks for government - June 12th, 2013