At least some of the seven people arrested in a fatal shootout with Louisiana deputies have been linked to violent anarchists on the FBI’s domestic terrorism watch lists. Detectives had been monitoring the group before Thursday’s shootout in Laplace, La., in which two deputies were killed and two more wounded, DeSoto Parish Sheriff Rodney Arbuckle said Saturday. His detectives and other law enforcement discovered the suspects were heavily armed adherents to an ideology known as the ‘‘sovereign citizens’’ movement.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Napolitano called to respond to Cornyn, Senate Republicans on border enforcement - June 18th, 2013
- U.S. justices agree to hear airline defamation case - June 18th, 2013
- DHS hopes to get same cyber-spying powers as NSA - June 18th, 2013
- Climate change to increase floodplain by nearly half - June 17th, 2013
- Homeland Security investigating incident at Canada-US border - June 17th, 2013