The high winds, heavy rain, and storm surges are dying down along the East Coast today. We have yet to account for the total damage done by Hurricane Sandy, and many areas of New York City are still flooded. Facing this devastation, it appears that local emergency managers and the National Weather Service made widespread use of the Commercial Mobile Alert Service (CMAS, also known as Wireless Emergency Alerts, or WEA).
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Lawmakers move to limit domestic drones - May 17th, 2013
- You Know What Really Risks National Security? Leak Investigations - May 17th, 2013
- Justice Department faulted over terrorist identities - May 17th, 2013
- SAFETY Act Program Near 600 Counterterrorism Products, Services - May 16th, 2013
- Draft 2014 Homeland bill reverses Obama cut to bomb prevention - May 16th, 2013