The hunt for someone to lead the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) began in 2009, but it wasn’t until June this year that the Senate confirmed John Pistole as administrator. Pistole was the third nominee for the job, after two earlier hopefuls pulled out (see Southers and Harding). Security Debrief followed the confirmation process every step of the way and found the latest development in this week’s Air Cargo Week.
If you visit TSA’s website, you’ll find Pistole’s photo, which looks like this:
In Air Cargo Week‘s Arrivals & Departures section, there is a note on Pistole’s confirmation (first bullet, right column). But the photo referenced is clearly not John Pistole.
Who is this man? Nominee #4? A hero cargo pilot? The publisher’s cousin?
It’s Chris Battle, Security Debrief’s founder and editor.
That’s some good PR.
LAST 5 POST BY Security Debrief
- A Catch-22 for the Joint Detention Group at Guantanamo - May 17th, 2013
- Contributor Southers Speaks at House Hearings on Boston Bombings - May 9th, 2013
- Securing Public Events and a Look at the Boston Bombs - April 22nd, 2013
- TSA's Pistole Resigns! DHS Denies Buying Bowcasters! Springsteen Sues FEMA! Really?! - April 1st, 2013
- Homeland Security - What Next? - November 1st, 2012