The next Homeland Security Secretary gave a powerful performance before the U.S. Senate, which is good news for the homeland.
There are more than 30 million actors outside of the Department of Homeland Security who will be critical to the success of incoming DHS Secretary Gen. John Kelly.
By Beverly Ausmus Ramsey, PhD
Despite the importance of its mission, the Department of Energy is not well known to the homeland security community. As we enter the next administration, it is worth considering the scope, value and complexity of DOE’s missions to homeland and national security.
The changes at TSA over the last year have dramatically improved the agency’s operations and culture. So what’s really going on at TSA that the incoming Trump administration team ought to notice (and not muck up)? This is the part where they need to pay close attention.
There’s a revolution percolating through TSA in the form of a new collaborative model the agency is piloting for stakeholder engagement.
Consolidating Precheck, Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, and FAST management has many benefits.
In the day-to-day operation of the Department of Homeland Security, no position is more important than the Deputy Secretary. Here are some public servants the incoming Trump Administration should consider.
- New DHS Sec. Should Focus on Improving Employee Morale
- Trump Picks Thomas Bossert as Homeland Security Advisor
- Monaco on Counterterrorism, Cyber at CFR
- Intelligence, Foreign Policy Experts Support Commission To Probe Foreign Interference In Election
- Names Floated For Homeland Security Chief
- Facing Terror Recruitment: Somali-American Community Balancing Hope And Despair In Minneapolis
- No Better Alternative: The U.S.-Saudi Counterterrorism Relationship
- DHS Inspector General: TSA ‘Addressing Vulnerabilities’
- Homeland Security Committee to Weigh DHS Cyber Reorganization
- Brussels explosions: Many Dead in Airport and Metro Terror Attacks
- Read All