It was revealed today that the State Department is now counting 37 pages of e-mails from Hillary Clinton’s private e-mail server as “Top Secret.” If you, as a federal employee with a Top Secret clearance, disclose such items as what is talked about in these reports, this is what would happen to you.
New app platforms based in financial technology (FinTech) might be the next vulnerability for Counter-Terrorism Financing.
The East Coast is still digging out after Winter Storm Jonas, some places faster than others. An important part of recovery from major weather events is reliable information, and there’s reason to think some areas hit by Jonas could be doing a better job. This isn’t just about knowledge; it’s about emergency management.
Having good customer service improves the profitability of merchants at the airports, and from a law enforcement perspective, a calm airport environment allows CBP and other law enforcement officers to identify potential threats. Here’s how.
On Tuesday, several media outlets reported that Intelligence Community Inspector General sent a letter to Congress regarding Sec. Hillary Clinton stored documents on her home server that were classified “Special Access Program.”
Half of the U.S. public believes the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) makes flying safer—and half don’t. There’s plenty of evidence that TSA airport screeners are not effective, but worse, the agency is rigging the system to make sure it is the only option for airport security. It doesn’t have to be this way.
The Screening Partnership Program, managed TSA, relies on private sector employees for airport screening. Millions of passengers are screened by this program each year. I have wondered over the years why more airports, especially the large ones, are not a greater part of SPP. There are many good reasons why they should be.
On January 8, the White House made a long-overdue call to Silicon Valley. The topic: to meet and collaborate on how extremist groups are using social media platforms in recruiting followers and encouraging violence.
- China-Based Adversaries Pose Major Cyber Threat In 2016
- Making Information Sharing Work
- CDC Issues Travel Alert Over Rapidly Spreading Zika Virus
- FBI Thwarts Mass Shooting at Milwaukee Masonic Center
- Homeland chairman Hits Obama for Ignoring San Bernardino During SOTU
- Terrorists Attack Jakarta, Indonesia; At Least Seven Dead
- State of the Union is Light on Cyber, but Touches on Online Terror
- What the Islamic State Gains from the Istanbul Terror Attack
- Top 5 Priorities for Homeland Security in 2016
- President Obama Signs Landmark Cybersecurity Law
- Read All