White nationalists who rallied in Charlottesville, Va., are guaranteed the right to free speech and assembly, but the U.S. Constitution also guarantees our right to take note of the extremists who participated in the rally. And to never forget them either. They are a cancer on America.
With John Kelly’s move to the White House to become President Trump’s new Chief of Staff, the “name game” of prospective candidates is underway.
In one of the most turbulent weeks in any presidential administration, Friday’s stunning announcement that DHS Secretary John Kelly would be the new White House Chief of Staff caught an already shell-shocked weary Washington by surprise.
TSA’s new rule for scanning electronics larger than a cell phone during airport screening is sure to raise the public’s ire, but there is a lot to be said and to applaud about how TSA is rolling out its new electronics and security screening process.
Though regulations are intended to advance public wellbeing, during the rulemaking process, federal agencies often make missteps in factoring potential costs imposed by regulatory actions. This is where public participation in the regulatory process is essential.
The regulatory process needs public input to guide how rules are designed and implemented. This means businesses, organizations and individuals should take part through public comments. It could help you save money.
A recurring problem with attempts to address Muslim homegrown violent extremism is that tactics and programs too often occur without input or participation from Muslim communities.
The nomination of USCG Vice Commandant David P. Pekoske to be the next TSA Administrator continues a distinguished tradition of tapping the top ranks of the Coast Guard to lead DHS’ toughest assignments.
- Trump Aides Push to Move Sessions from Attorney General to Homeland Security
- Meet the Woman Set to Lead Homeland Security
- Congress Must Re-Set Department of Homeland Security Priorities
- New DHS Sec. Should Focus on Improving Employee Morale
- Trump Picks Thomas Bossert as Homeland Security Advisor
- Monaco on Counterterrorism, Cyber at CFR
- Intelligence, Foreign Policy Experts Support Commission To Probe Foreign Interference In Election
- Names Floated For Homeland Security Chief
- Facing Terror Recruitment: Somali-American Community Balancing Hope And Despair In Minneapolis
- No Better Alternative: The U.S.-Saudi Counterterrorism Relationship
- Read All