Though regulations are intended to advance public wellbeing, during the rulemaking process, federal agencies often make missteps in factoring potential costs imposed by regulatory actions. This is where public participation in the regulatory process is essential.
The regulatory process needs public input to guide how rules are designed and implemented. This means businesses, organizations and individuals should take part through public comments. It could help you save money.
A recurring problem with attempts to address Muslim homegrown violent extremism is that tactics and programs too often occur without input or participation from Muslim communities.
The nomination of USCG Vice Commandant David P. Pekoske to be the next TSA Administrator continues a distinguished tradition of tapping the top ranks of the Coast Guard to lead DHS’ toughest assignments.
President Trump’s withdrawal of the United States from the Paris climate treaty will put more attention on, and give more influence to, the most dynamic of American powers on the climate change issue: the private sector.
An informed and aware public is an essential element in America’s overall resilience to terrorism, but what are the warning signs of radicalization that should compel a concerned citizen to take notice and speak up?
The terrorist attack in Manchester is a reminder that even as venue owners and operators tighten event security, there remain soft targets immediately outside the security perimeter.
A recent GAO report shows CBP is successfully decreasing wait times at airports, but when it comes to land and sea ports, more work remains.
Under the new administration, the private sector should turn to petitions for rulemaking to help guide how regulations are structured and implemented.
- Congress Must Re-Set Department of Homeland Security Priorities
- New DHS Sec. Should Focus on Improving Employee Morale
- Trump Picks Thomas Bossert as Homeland Security Advisor
- Monaco on Counterterrorism, Cyber at CFR
- Intelligence, Foreign Policy Experts Support Commission To Probe Foreign Interference In Election
- Names Floated For Homeland Security Chief
- Facing Terror Recruitment: Somali-American Community Balancing Hope And Despair In Minneapolis
- No Better Alternative: The U.S.-Saudi Counterterrorism Relationship
- DHS Inspector General: TSA ‘Addressing Vulnerabilities’
- Homeland Security Committee to Weigh DHS Cyber Reorganization
- Read All