At the San Ysidro Port of Entry, passenger vehicles are waiting 50 minutes in the Ready Lanes and 55 minutes in the Standard lanes. Having to wait nearly an hour in some cases and two hours in others provides a significant disincentive to cross from the Mexico into the United States, yielding cascading consequences for the U.S. economy and national security.
The George Washington University annual program, “Securing Our Future,” bought together national, homeland and cyber security experts to discuss U.S. security challenges and priorities. What emerged were three clear metrics for measuring success in the fight against ISIS and al Qaeda.
Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport have been experiencing long security lines. TSA needs a web page where everyone can observe how long it takes to clear security and plan accordingly.
By Casey Lucius
The recently introduced Feinstein-Burr bill would force encryption providers to maintain backdoors in case the government shows up with a court order. It is bad for government, business and the public.
A lot has been written about empathy as the cornerstone of emotional intelligence. It turns out that empathy can be a fantastically powerful tool in understanding complex issues and in making crucial decisions in a variety of situations—including in the fight against terrorists.
By Max Skalatsky
Every week, we hear how the FBI is attempting to subpoena text messages from Apple. Instead of tech companies trying to out-argue the Federal government, is it possible to engage with policy makers and law enforcement to understand what the next generation technologies will be?
In Security Debrief’s seventh annual April Fools coverage, we’ve collected stories the rest of the media somehow missed.
- Brussels explosions: Many Dead in Airport and Metro Terror Attacks
- Agents Search Home Tied to California Shooters’ Family
- DHS Tightens Travel Restrictions On Visitors From Libya, Somalia, Yemen
- New York Politicians Spar With White House Over Counterterrorism Funding
- China-Based Adversaries Pose Major Cyber Threat In 2016
- Making Information Sharing Work
- CDC Issues Travel Alert Over Rapidly Spreading Zika Virus
- FBI Thwarts Mass Shooting at Milwaukee Masonic Center
- Homeland chairman Hits Obama for Ignoring San Bernardino During SOTU
- Terrorists Attack Jakarta, Indonesia; At Least Seven Dead
- Read All