The results are in from our reader survey. Have a look at what other readers think about TSA pat-downs and Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT). Where do you come down on the issue?
1. Is TSA violating personal privacy with more invasive pat-down techniques?
2. Do the security benefits from TSA pat-downs justify their invasive nature?
3. Do you feel the Advanced Imaging Technology (whole body scanners) are medically safe?
Yes: 46 %
4. Have you ever passed through an AIT machine at an airport security checkpoint?
5. Have you ever declined to pass through an AIT machine after being asked to by security?
For those who said they declined to pass through an AIT machine, we asked, why? Here are some highlights.
- AIT scanners are security theater at it’s worst and most expensive. It was a protest.
- Privacy issues (internet postings showing up)
- Dirty radiation (technologists advice)
- Rapiscan stocks (11,300 shares) owned by George Soros. THAT ITSELF is enough for me to say “no.”