In an article published today in CQ Homeland Security – “Motive Puts Attack on Giffords Outside of Homeland Security Realm” – Security Debrief Contributors Rich Cooper, Sam Rosenfeld, James Carafano and Security Debrief founder Chris Battle weighed in on how the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and others impacts DHS.
Although it was an attack targeting a U.S. official, experts say the Saturday shooting that severely wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, D-Ariz., and killed six and left another 11 injured, doesn’t fall into the category of “homeland security.” However, they said, there are still a number of lessons the Department of Homeland Security and other agencies can learn from it.
LAST 5 POST BY Security Debrief
- A Catch-22 for the Joint Detention Group at Guantanamo - May 17th, 2013
- Contributor Southers Speaks at House Hearings on Boston Bombings - May 9th, 2013
- Securing Public Events and a Look at the Boston Bombs - April 22nd, 2013
- TSA's Pistole Resigns! DHS Denies Buying Bowcasters! Springsteen Sues FEMA! Really?! - April 1st, 2013
- Homeland Security - What Next? - November 1st, 2012