I invite you to join the the Homeland Security Policy Institute for a discussion about Presidential Policy Directive – 8: National Preparedness, featuring Brian Kamoie, Senior Director for Preparedness Policy on the White House National Security Staff.
President Barack Obama signed a new Presidential Policy Directive on National Preparedness last week and the Directive will be publicly released at this event.
The new policy outlines the President’s vision for strengthening the security and resilience of the United States through systematic preparation for threats to the security of the Nation, including acts of terrorism, pandemics, significant accidents, and catastrophic natural disasters. The Directive follows a comprehensive review of national preparedness policy and replaces Homeland Security Presidential Directive 8 (HSPD-8) (2003) and HSPD-8 Annex I (2007).
Senior Director for Preparedness Policy
White House National Security Staff
Homeland Security Policy Institute
If you can’t make the event itself, or space runs out, we will live stream it on the HSPI website.
LAST 5 POST BY Daniel Kaniewski
- Educating our Guardians - July 20th, 2012
- Public Health and Emergency Management: Challenges and Opportunities - June 11th, 2012
- A Preparedness Wake-up Call for Cyprus - March 21st, 2012
- Risks abound at home and abroad - January 19th, 2012
- Operationalizing Resilience - October 14th, 2011