A top aide to Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano has stepped aside after department officials received new allegations that she made lewd and sexually charged comments to subordinates.
Suzanne Barr, the chief of the staff of Homeland Security’s Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, has “voluntary placed herself on leave” pending the outcome of a review by Homeland Security’s Inspector General and Office of Professional Responsibility, department spokesman Brian Hale said in a statement.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Lawmakers move to limit domestic drones - May 17th, 2013
- You Know What Really Risks National Security? Leak Investigations - May 17th, 2013
- Justice Department faulted over terrorist identities - May 17th, 2013
- SAFETY Act Program Near 600 Counterterrorism Products, Services - May 16th, 2013
- Draft 2014 Homeland bill reverses Obama cut to bomb prevention - May 16th, 2013