As Hurricane Sandy started to batter the East Coast of the United States, the National Guard and U.S. military had more than 61,000 personnel mobilized and ready for duty. As of 4:00 a.m. on the morning of Oct. 30, more than 7,400 National Guard members were responding to calls for assistance in 11 states. Their skills and expertise were badly needed, as the toll of Hurricane Sandy is revealed.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- Lawmakers move to limit domestic drones - May 17th, 2013
- You Know What Really Risks National Security? Leak Investigations - May 17th, 2013
- Justice Department faulted over terrorist identities - May 17th, 2013
- SAFETY Act Program Near 600 Counterterrorism Products, Services - May 16th, 2013
- Draft 2014 Homeland bill reverses Obama cut to bomb prevention - May 16th, 2013