Amongst grumblings that immigration reform will likely not go anywhere this year, there is a whispering that a small but important immigration security law – biometric exit – may receive a big vote of confidence in the House this session.
Increasing adoption of cyber insurance products and frequent cyber-related initiatives across the insurance and risk world has been incredibly positive. Yet, many companies that are not consumer-facing are struggling with the insurability of their increased exposure. The insurance industry needs to embrace this evolving reality.
On the eve of the 2014 Passover, Frazier Glenn Cross, Jr. shouted “Heil Hitler” from the back of a police car after killing three people at two Jewish Centers in Overland Park, Kansas. Cross has been charged with a hate crime, even though his attack was clearly an act of terrorism. Why does there seem to be this national reticence to call a spade a spade, a terrorist a terrorist?
The oddly named cyber vulnerability, Heartbleed, is everywhere in the tech news. Even non-tech security types recognize the seriousness of this issue. What is the bumper sticker version of Heartbleed, and what does it teach us? While the Open Source aspects of the Internet yield incredible innovations, they also open up vulnerabilities.
Today marks the first anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. One year later, Boston is preparing for the marathon, and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev awaits trail on murder and terrorism charges. The country may be healing but the threat from domestic terrorism remains.
- House Passes 3 Bills To Protect Critical Infrastructure From Cyber Attack
- Report Notes Terrorist Encounters at KCI
- New York Knows Where Your License Plate Goes
- Chinese Man Pleads Guilty in Military Technology Sting
- House, Senate Advance Competing Border Proposals
- Reforming Congressional Oversight Of DHS Still Priority One
- The FBI’s Phony War on Terror
- DHS ‘Dos and Don’ts’ on Cybersecurity
- Perry’s Guard Surge Follows Record Buildup Along Border
- Border Agents’ Hours Cut Despite Border Crisis
- Read All