Many of us have had the unfortunate experience of standing in a long line, waiting to pass through security screening. These choke points in screening processes create exceptionally soft targets for the motivated bad actor, and they are a security vulnerability that needs to be corrected.
Newly released data from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) shows that for calendar year 2014, the agency received more than 30,400 complaints and 2,700 compliments. This reveals an opportunity for the private sector to work closely with TSA.
During the President’s address to the nation on December 6, he said what has not been said since the attacks on 9/11. A terrorist attack occurred on American soil. This simple statement is a big deal. Here’s why.
Donald Trump’s latest policy bombshell – a proposal to bar all Muslims from entering the United States – is going to be interpreted by many Muslims as an insult, which is exactly what those responsible for America’s security do not want or need at this stage.
Yesterday was the 74th anniversary of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. It’s not a milestone anniversary, but it’s an important day to remember, not because those who fought in WWII are quickly leaving us but because it reminds us of who we are down to our national DNA.
By Bradley Saull
The announcement this year that TSA is moving their headquarters from Pentagon City in Arlington to Alexandria left many people familiar with DHS asking the same question: what about the DHS headquarters consolidation project at St. Elizabeths in Washington?
Much ink has been spilled over the balance between security and personal privacy. When it comes to immigration, I began thinking about where our national security apparatus could do a better job of things. Growing the CBP’s Global Entry program is one way to get there.
- China-Based Adversaries Pose Major Cyber Threat In 2016
- Making Information Sharing Work
- CDC Issues Travel Alert Over Rapidly Spreading Zika Virus
- FBI Thwarts Mass Shooting at Milwaukee Masonic Center
- Homeland chairman Hits Obama for Ignoring San Bernardino During SOTU
- Terrorists Attack Jakarta, Indonesia; At Least Seven Dead
- State of the Union is Light on Cyber, but Touches on Online Terror
- What the Islamic State Gains from the Istanbul Terror Attack
- Top 5 Priorities for Homeland Security in 2016
- President Obama Signs Landmark Cybersecurity Law
- Read All