TSA is required to make its customer service information available to the public, and the data shows areas for improvement and emerging trends in aviation passenger and cargo screening.
On March 1, 2018, Vice President Mike Pence delivered an address at a Department of Homeland Security event celebrating the department’s 15th anniversary.
TSA is no longer measuring PreCheck adoption as a percentage of all travelers but rather as a percentage of a subset called “frequent travelers.” This is a worrisome shift.
With the departures of DHS Deputy Secretary Elaine Duke and TSA Deputy Administrator Huban Gowadia, nominees are needed quickly who can bring the right skillsets and capture bipartisan congressional support for confirmation. This is no small order.
By James M Wilson and Kimothy L. Smith
Concerns are growing over word that NBIC is being considered for programmatic cancellation by DHS’ newly formed Combatting Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate.
Transnational organized criminal groups are using virtual kidnapping to extort money from Americans, and the U.S. law enforcement response seems to fall short.
There is a long list of things in the homeland security arena that remain undone as the Trump Administration begins its second full year.
- Trump Aides Push to Move Sessions from Attorney General to Homeland Security
- Meet the Woman Set to Lead Homeland Security
- Congress Must Re-Set Department of Homeland Security Priorities
- New DHS Sec. Should Focus on Improving Employee Morale
- Trump Picks Thomas Bossert as Homeland Security Advisor
- Monaco on Counterterrorism, Cyber at CFR
- Intelligence, Foreign Policy Experts Support Commission To Probe Foreign Interference In Election
- Names Floated For Homeland Security Chief
- Facing Terror Recruitment: Somali-American Community Balancing Hope And Despair In Minneapolis
- No Better Alternative: The U.S.-Saudi Counterterrorism Relationship
- Read All