Kirstjen Nielsen is being nominated to be the next Homeland Security Secretary.
Recovery efforts continue after hurricanes battered parts of the United States, and some businesses are struggling to return to normal operations. The value of preparedness affects day-to-day business operations, and we need to advocate the notion of being prepared.
While the President’s Daily Briefing is comprehensive, there remain factors and circumstances a president and their national security team will not have full insight into. That might be about to change.
Texas and Louisiana are receiving $15 billion to help with recovery after Hurricane Harvey, and the aftermath of Hurricane Irma may require further federal money. Whenever amounts of money of this size are allocated or disbursed, accountability is fundamental. Here are five questions FEMA, state and local leaders, and others should be asking.
Congress has less than a month to tackle a long list of priorities before the end of the fiscal year. Not least among these to-dos is coming up with a Disaster Assistance bill to look after the millions of people affected by Hurricane Harvey. Here are points Congress must weigh as it debates recovery funding.
Harvey could be the most costly natural catastrophe in U.S. history. But by focusing on resilience and restoring business operations, it might not need to be.
TSA and USCIS are moving to new headquarters buildings but not to the long-planned St. Elizabeth’s campus. Congress needs to start asking questions about whether these moves make budgetary sense and what will happen to the DHS HQ consolidation at St. Elizabeth’s.
There are many people and groups that have done amazing things to help the victims of Harvey. Perhaps most impressive among them: the US Coast Guard.
- Trump Aides Push to Move Sessions from Attorney General to Homeland Security
- Meet the Woman Set to Lead Homeland Security
- Congress Must Re-Set Department of Homeland Security Priorities
- New DHS Sec. Should Focus on Improving Employee Morale
- Trump Picks Thomas Bossert as Homeland Security Advisor
- Monaco on Counterterrorism, Cyber at CFR
- Intelligence, Foreign Policy Experts Support Commission To Probe Foreign Interference In Election
- Names Floated For Homeland Security Chief
- Facing Terror Recruitment: Somali-American Community Balancing Hope And Despair In Minneapolis
- No Better Alternative: The U.S.-Saudi Counterterrorism Relationship
- Read All