Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport have been experiencing long security lines. TSA needs a web page where everyone can observe how long it takes to clear security and plan accordingly.
By Casey Lucius
The recently introduced Feinstein-Burr bill would force encryption providers to maintain backdoors in case the government shows up with a court order. It is bad for government, business and the public.
A lot has been written about empathy as the cornerstone of emotional intelligence. It turns out that empathy can be a fantastically powerful tool in understanding complex issues and in making crucial decisions in a variety of situations—including in the fight against terrorists.
By Max Skalatsky
Every week, we hear how the FBI is attempting to subpoena text messages from Apple. Instead of tech companies trying to out-argue the Federal government, is it possible to engage with policy makers and law enforcement to understand what the next generation technologies will be?
In Security Debrief’s seventh annual April Fools coverage, we’ve collected stories the rest of the media somehow missed.
Daesh has claimed responsibility for the terrorist attacks at the Brussels airport and metro. There’s been rosy talk lately about how Daesh is losing, but they’re not. Every terrorist attack feeds a cycle of extremism and violence, and those fighting Daesh are not doing enough to break it.
After the closing of Washington’s Metro system, Rep. Gerry Connelly declared some Metro employees should be fired. Leaders who make such pandering statements should look in the mirror to see who built, reinforced and enabled an operating and capitalization structure that is as broken as the Metro system itself.
the National Capitol Region will come to an almost practical halt in the middle of a busy work week because the entire subway network is being shut down for emergency inspections of its third-rail power system. The public of this system are a reflecting mirror indicative of our overall national infrastructure status and investment.
- Brussels explosions: Many Dead in Airport and Metro Terror Attacks
- Agents Search Home Tied to California Shooters’ Family
- DHS Tightens Travel Restrictions On Visitors From Libya, Somalia, Yemen
- New York Politicians Spar With White House Over Counterterrorism Funding
- China-Based Adversaries Pose Major Cyber Threat In 2016
- Making Information Sharing Work
- CDC Issues Travel Alert Over Rapidly Spreading Zika Virus
- FBI Thwarts Mass Shooting at Milwaukee Masonic Center
- Homeland chairman Hits Obama for Ignoring San Bernardino During SOTU
- Terrorists Attack Jakarta, Indonesia; At Least Seven Dead
- Read All