As Hurricane Sandy approached landfall Monday, Federal Emergency Management Agency officials here were struggling with the question of how to deploy resources in the face of a powerful, far-reaching storm that was bearing down on a string of the nation’s largest metropolitan areas. Based on forecasts and calculations, the officials decided to focus their resources on the southern part of New Jersey, where they had hundreds of thousands of ready-to-eat meals and bottles of water and hundreds of staff members prepared to respond.
LAST 5 POST BY Media Watch
- House panel approves homeland bill, bars Brazilian immigrants - May 23rd, 2013
- Data breach puts DHS employees at risk of identity theft - May 23rd, 2013
- Triple Murder May Link Tsarnaev And Man Killed In Florida - May 23rd, 2013
- DHS in need of 'some soul-searching' after departures - May 21st, 2013
- DHS pleased with immigration info-sharing pilot program - May 21st, 2013